Personal Loan in Cape Town - Get the Best Offers
Need a personal loan in Cape Town loan? Be smart - apply for a loan through MyLoan to get offers from many lenders. Choose the best loan option available - with no obligations or hidden costs.
Representative example: a R50 000 loan at an interest rate of 24.5% per annum plus a once-off initiation fee of R1 207.50 (added to the loan amount in this example) and a monthly admin fee of R69.00, over 72 months would have a total cost of R 103 155.57. The maximum annual interest rate including fees is 27.5%. Repayment terms can range from 1 - 72 months. MyLoan is an online loan broker and not a lender. Our service is free and we work with NCR licensed lenders in South Africa. Interest rates charged by lenders can start as low as 20% APR, including an initiation and service fee determined by the lender. The interest rate offered depends on the applicants’ credit score and other factors at the lenders’ discretion.
There are several reasons why you would want a personal loan in Cape Town. It could be to buy a new car, renovate your home, or student loans. You should know what type of loan you need to get before signing a debt agreement.
Get offered the perfect loan amount for you and your budget and a personalised interest rate. At MyLoans, we will do our best to make sure you get the best interest rate offers in Cape Town.
Types of personal loans offered in Cape Town
There are generally two types of personal loans. These types are secured personal loans and unsecured personal loans. Once it is time for you to apply for a loan, it's important for you to understand the difference between both.
Secured Personal Loans
A secured personal loan requires the use of collateral as security for the loan. The advantage of these loans is that the interest rate is more favourable than with an unsecured loan.
Collateral is usually required for purchases that require a large loan amount. If available, it is advisable to utilise your collateral with loans that take many months to pay back. These type of loans include:
- Home loans
- Car loans
- Boat loans
Unsecured Personal Loans
Unsecured personal loans don't require collateral and instead rely on the borrower's financial history and credit score to prove that they have the financial means to repay the loan. The maximum loan amount from an unsecured loan is usually less than a loan backed with collateral.
Here are examples of common uses for unsecured personal loans:
- Paying for home improvements
- Paying for education
- Paying for significant life events, such as a funeral or a wedding
- To consolidate your debt from smaller unsecured loans into one loan
- To buy home appliances
- Any large purchase that you can't afford to pay for immediately
Whether secured or unsecured, personal loans have agreed-upon terms imposed by the lenders. These terms specify the interest rate, loan repayment amounts, the repayment frequency, and the period before the loan is fully repaid.
There is no deposit required for the personal loan, and you can pay the loan back over 6 to 72 months, depending on your affordability. The application process is quick and easy, so you don't need to stress about your baby coming before the nursery gets done on time!
What are the requirements to get a loan in Cape Town?
When you apply for a personal loan in Cape Town, check the lenders' requirements to see if you qualify. Each lender has its own requirement, but from a general perspective, the requirements include:
- Required minimum income by the lender
- Self-employed, a pensioner, or employed under a fixed-term or permanent contract
- You need a valid South African ID card
- 3 months bank statements that reflect your monthly income and expenses
- Your most recent payslip, letter of employment, or your pension remittance
- Proof of residence, such as a statement of account or utility bill that shows your name and physical address on it
- Some lenders might require you to have a landline telephone
The personal loan is subject to the lender's terms and conditions and final credit approval.
How to apply for a loan in Cape Town
There are several ways on how to apply for a loan in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Apply online on the lender's website (internet banking) for a quick approval.
- Use MyLoan to easily get personalised loan offers from lenders
- You can download your banking app and apply directly from the app.
- You can also visit the lender's office and speak to a consultant or call them to make the application telephonically.
- Some lenders allow you to send them a text, and they will call you back to make the application over the phone
Whichever route you choose, ensure the lender is a registered credit provider. There are many loan sharks and scammers that you need to be aware of.
Do your research before making your final selection on the loan you're interested in. Also, to prevent paying unnecessary interest rates and fees, attempt to repay your debt as soon as possible.
Personal loans require little effort to apply online for and are a viable option when you need money to supplement your monthly income.
To make the loan process more simple, use MyLoan to find personal loan offers in Cape Town. Apply online with one loan application and get multiple personalised loan offers from lenders. Select the best loan option for you.